Saturday, November 3, 2007

God concurs!

I am choosing to take two "coincidences" at Mass this morning as Divine approbation of yesterday's post.

First, the reading from Paul's Letter to the Romans contained wonderful affirmation of the irrevocable status of the Jews:

Brothers and sisters:
I ask, then, has God rejected his people?
Of course not!
For I too am a child of Israel, a descendant of Abraham,
of the tribe of Benjamin.
God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew.
Do you not know what the Scripture says about Elijah,
how he pleads with God against Israel? ...
In respect to the Gospel, they are enemies on your account;
but in respect to election,
they are beloved because of the patriarch.
For the gifts and the call of God are irrevocable.


Second, I had commissioned two extraordinary ministers to take communion to the sick. The instruction to the ministers ended with the following words: As Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion be, therefore, especially observant of the Lord’s command to love your neighbor. For when he said to them: “This is my commandment, that you should love one another as I have loved you.” Mere coincidence that I used that very command of Jesus to end yesterday's post? I think not!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fr. Charles Ledderer, The Dakotas, USA you are impersonating a Catholic priest. Your identity is fictitious. There are people on here that are believing you. I am asking you not to trick people anymore.