Saturday, November 17, 2007

People are funny!

Fr. Charles Ledderer, The Dakotas, USA you are impersonating a Catholic priest. Your identity is fictitious. There are people on here that are believing you. I am asking you not to trick people anymore.

An obviously obsessive person with way too much time on their hands took the trouble to post the above as a comment on not one, not two, not three, but on each and every single one of my posts on this blog. People never cease to amaze (and amuse) me!

It strikes me as funny that some people are so hell-bent on discrediting me, as though I am dangerous. As I have already stated once before, I am simply blogging because I enjoy the opportunity it affords to express myself in writing. What people think is ultimately of no consequence to me. People are free to believe that I am who I claim to be - nothing more than a priest blogging pseudonymously - or they can believe that I am a filthy liar.

Perhaps someone with an overactive imagination can make me the center of some vast left-wing conspiracy to destabilize the Church. If someone does, I hope aliens figure in somehow. I know! I could be a nefarious extraterrestrial (really gross and icky and oozing green stuff when not in disguise) masquerading as a priest, who has been sent to ruin the Church by forming an alliance with the dark modernist forces of Vatican II Catholicism. Using my incredible alien intelligence and wit I would trick the masses into accepting blatant heresy by means of a seemingly innocent and inconsequential blog.

Now to decide who will play me in the film version ...

5 comments:

Terry Nelson said...

I think you are a priest using a pseudonym - and, I think that is cool. I also think it is fun that these people keep carrying on about it... I love stuff like this. Maybe the FBI and the Vatican can get involved.

Adoro said...

Are you hiding an albino monk anywhere?

Adoro said...

Oh, wait...maybe the person who made the comment IS the albino monk...

Fr. Charles Ledderer said...

I try to keep the albino monk a secret. Most people wouldn't understand.

Unknown said...

I find it funny that someone has that much time on their hands. Many people, priests included, blog with pseudonyms. A Jesuit I know uses his Mother's maiden name online.