Saturday, October 27, 2007

Autumn

A Saturday without a funeral, a wedding, appointments, nothing until confessions and Mass! I don't know what I will do with myself. Perhaps I will catch up on my reading.

I love this time of year. It has cooled off considerably from a few days ago; the autumn air feels great. When the temperature goes up a few more degrees (still a little bit of frost in the shade yet) I might head out for a long walk. A quiet walk, praying the rosary as I go, on a nice fall day does wonders for the mind, the body, and the soul!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You betcha! I had to come in to work today, but I'm getting ready to head out now (after 5 hours). Weather here is cool & sunny; trees FINALLY turning as they should. God is in His heaven ... all is right with the world. :)
Have a good weekend.

Adoro said...

I love autumn, too. And finally, a sunny fall day, the colors are slightly past-peak but still beautiful and bright, and they carpet lawns where they have fallen.

It's in the 50's here today, and right now I'm waiting for my charcoal to be ready so I can throw my baked potato and steak on the coals. :-)

Then maybe I'll study some more. Or just veg out for the rest of the evening and just be cozy.

Anonymous said...

Fr. Charles Ledderer, The Dakotas, USA you are impersonating a Catholic priest. Your identity is fictitious. There are people on here that are believing you. I am asking you not to trick people anymore.