Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Evil computers!

Pardon the French, but I have had one hell of a day. My laptop got infected a while back and today it finally stopped working. I am not particularly computer literate but I managed to figure out how to reinstall windows and start all over. Unfortunately in the process I didn't get rid of the infected version of windows and the new version is running on a partition of the hard drive only 3.5 gigabytes in size. So the evil machine is running quite smoothly at the moment but soon I will be out of space. perhaps tomorrow I will be able to figure out how to remedy this. At the moment I am just relieved that it is working!

4 comments:

Adoro said...

Yeah...laptops. I'm impressed you were able to reinstall windows.

I had a refurbished laptop which lasted me quite awhile...and then quite literally fried. My brother happens to be corporate "Geek Squad" (but by another company name), and so took my computer home, managed to save my important info (just text and pictures), wiped out my hard drive and reinstalled everything. It lasted for a few more months, and then I got another computer, a PC.

It pays to have a geek in the family. If you don't have one, you should find one to adopt quickly. :-)

Fr. Charles Ledderer said...

One of my brothers is good at such stuff. But I want to learn it myself too.

Anonymous said...

Fr. Charles Ledderer, The Dakotas, USA you are impersonating a Catholic priest. Your identity is fictitious. There are people on here that are believing you. I am asking you not to trick people anymore.

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can reveal that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is even now a question as you did in the downgrade issue of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=jv16 powertools 2008 1.8.0.455 (multilang) ?
I noticed the axiom you have in the offing not used. Or you functioning the pitch-dark methods of development of the resource. I have a week and do necheg