Thursday, October 18, 2007

New favorite blog

I think I found a new favorite blog, The Roving Medievalist. Biting commentary combined with beautiful pictures of medieval architecture (mainly ecclesiastical). Having a great love for architecture myself (almost went that way in college)I am enjoying the beautiful photography. But it is the "no holds barred" writing that will keep me coming back. Like this entry from Monday:

Threshold of Crap Tolerance

That's what Daniel Patrick Moynihan would call what I've reached. I'm beginning to like the freedom it brings. The odd part is the fact that it's making me both more and less tolerant.
I'm more tolerant of...
1. Liberal and moderate Catholics, who, except for the full scale spirit of VII types have a damn sight more respect for the Church than the yapping pseudo-conservatives.
2. Non-Christian religions.
3. Democratic politicians, who may not have the issues perfect but who usually show a lot more evidence of having "family values" in their own families than their multiple-divorce opponents.
Good for them!
I'm becoming less tolerant of ...
1."Traditionalist" Catholics, in America, ( The situation is completely different in Britain. ) who are, almost without exception, pompous asses who are more "we are church" than the "we are church" people.
2. The yapping, whining, bitching, and moaning of the blogosphere.
3. "Faithful" young priests who have the theology down-pat but are more concerned with words than actions.
F**k 'em all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fr. Charles Ledderer, The Dakotas, USA you are impersonating a Catholic priest. Your identity is fictitious. There are people on here that are believing you. I am asking you not to trick people anymore.